Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management
With a customer-centric and outcome-based approach, we listen to your input and ideas to align with your business goals. Howern has developed the tools and methods to deliver the best-tailored water solution for Reverse Osmosis Deionised (RODI) system, Reverse Osmosis Electro-Deionised (ROEDI) system, Ultrapure Water (UPW), Purified Water System (PW), Water for Injection (WFI) and Waste Water Treatment system.
Engineering Consultancy for Water Technologies
Each process design starts by analyzing the available feed water, peak and daily consumption, scoping the water quality attributes, and regulatory requirements. We work collaboratively with you to examine new opportunities, compare the possibilities, and continuous refinement to achieve the optimum solution. Our engineers will prepare detailed construction documents including drawings, calculations, cost estimates, and project timeline.
Procurement of Materials and Contracts
Together we establish a procurement plan for the project where Howern supports the tender packages, technical evaluation, negotiation, purchase order, contract management, quality control, and much more. All activities are done transparently so you have complete knowledge and control to make the ultimate procurement decision.
Project and Construction Management
We understand quality, budget and schedule are top priorities. So, a dedicated engineering project management manager will be leading the team from start to end. We have proven systematic process to ensure successful project outcome, coordinated to fit your business operation.
- Project kick-off meeting to establish partnership and clarify key project management items.
- The project execution plan is prepared for the entire project which focuses on meeting project goals and managing critical risk elements.
- Design reviews of each engineering phase such as preliminary design, and detailed design for approval phase hereof. Changes made are indicated on the log and maintained throughout the design stages.
- Periodic constructability reviews. This effort requires the operations and maintenance team to share their past experiences so that all potential operability and maintainability issues are taken into account during the engineering design stages.
- Project status meetings will be held on a regular basis at a minimum duration. Meeting minutes will be logged and shared with key members.
Full Transparency of Your Equipment
Our technical documentation complies with ISPE Engineering Guidelines and covers two major aspects: raw material traceability and process traceability. Both aspects are vital for pharmaceutical water system qualification and validation. With complete technical information, you can ensure:
- Proper equipment handling on daily operations
- Maintenance procedures executed accurately
- Reduce lead time when ordering spare parts.
Bringing Your System to Live
With years of direct operating experience, we know the hazards of starting up equipment for the first time. Every unit is tested based on a complete set of reference documents before delivery. After your system arrives on site, another round of inspection will take place.
- Factory Acceptance Test, FAT
- Site Acceptance Test, SAT